Molly Susan Strong

Sunday, January 3, 2010

First 2010 Something from Nothing

Here was a box presented to me from my fellow Chartreuseandco.com pal, Donna.  Now you may not know that "something from nothing" is my favorite deal, but it is.  It makes me excited to not only create but know that this little pile of leftover wood would have been a burn pile to another. Oh no, no to me.


So....
Box 'o wood + creative juices + valentine dreams = THIS!



Your very own "Be Mine" forever love letter for your sweetheart. 
Even my 6'4" son loved these.  A perfect little gift for you to let someone know that they will
forever "bee" in your heart.

The sizes varies and each bee was hand painted by me doing it's own little dance of love.  I hand painted, sanded and distressed each "envelope" and tied a rafia bow with a hand glittered vintage graphically designed card reading "Be Mine".

I was also inspired to create some mini art pieces...bee inspired of course.

 "Fly"


"Soar"


"Seek Love"
All items will be in my shop for this next sale.  If you are interested in one just send me a note and I can give you the details and post to my Etsy account for a special order.

Keep coming back for my next edition of...Something from Nothing!

Oh and my bee obsession?  I have no idea.  Something about their fuzzy bodies and wings and buzzing and honey and and and...
 Lots of wood left still, hmmmmmmm...

22 comments:

  1. How cute! I just listed some bee towels in my Etsy shop - we're starting a trend.... or following one.... hmmmm...

    Thanks for inviting me to drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE Molly!!!! I am so glad that you were able to do something cool with the wood. Did you check out my chalkboards!! I got some more cool pieces of wood today. I'll bring them on Wednesday. I also have the big piece for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that there is anything more satisfying than seeing the possibilities in "scrap" and turning it into something beautiful. I look forward to more of your 'Something from Nothing' posts. KUDOS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly, these are wonderful. What a creative person you are! Can't wait to see them hanging @ Chartreuse .
    Debbie D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treasure out of trash!!!!! Just your amazing style! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Molly!
    thanks for stopping by and how nice to find someone of 'kindered spirits'!! These valentines are soo cute! Off to join your followers & 'bee' inspired by more of your art:)
    paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! I also love making something from nothing...I just get a kick out of it. I'll become a follower so we can stay in touch.
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so, so sweet! I admire and appreciate those who create things from nothing. So neat! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment. Your blog is so inspirational. I'll have fun seeing all you create!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Molly :)

    Those are so cute! I love bees too :)

    I lived in VA for awhile myself. It's nice to "meet" you!

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molly...these are amazing and totally adorable! So creative...LOVE 'em! :-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh I love a box of "junk" that I can then take and make treasures out of. You are a woman after my own heart. :)
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love your blog and might have to make a sale sometime. I used to live in Martinsburg, WV and attended Shepherd College so you are just right down the road a bit.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new creations! Just came by here from your comment on another blog. Funny how that works out. I am going to be checking out the rest of your spot. Enjoying my visit, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How darling! I love your creativity! I have purchased many an item from your spot at the barn-it is always such a treat to purchase your lovely creations. Thanks for being so inspired and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a neat, lovely, cool, fantastic, amazing...you get the drift...idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alas, I would have burned it as kindling :) That is why I read blogs like yours! I enjoyed my first visit and love your "bee mine" creations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, you are talented! These are so cute and creative. So sweet! I'm going to have to follow your blog, so I can see what else you can do with a brush. It's always fun to meet a fellow artist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so LOVE these!!! You are one talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone. I so appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute-maybe you will take Jane Seymours place

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww those are so sweet! Thanks for linking up to me!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog